- 19 years of age or older.
- Current state approved first aid certification.
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- One or more years of college preferred.
- Current Wilderness First Responder strongly preferred. Documented knowledge of challenge courses and current safety standards and practices.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of belaying, rappelling, knots, and rescue techniques.
- Ability to participate in activities that involve rigorous physical activity in an outdoor setting.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS IF THE POSITION REQUIRES DRIVING
- Minimum 21 years old
- Current Driver’s License with a minimum of 3 years safe driving experience and a driving record which meets or exceeds YMCA standards.
- Maximum of one minor violation.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment with career opportunities and enjoy the benefit of a YMCA membership.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.