Current state approved first aid certification. *
Current state approved CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
High school education or equivalent preferred.
Twenty-five hours of practical experience as fitness class instructor, or equivalent (6-week instructor training course-shadowing experience).
YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles, Foundations of YMCA Group Exercise** or previous YMCA or outside certification.
Listen First Level I* and II** training.
Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
Ability to set up, move and store class equipment.
Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
* Within 30 days of employment or at first available training.
** Within 90 days of employment or at first available training.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Exercise, Instructor, Group, Fitness, Sports, Consultant, Specialist, Trainer, Aerobics, Professional