We are looking for someone to work this pivotal role in helping us manage our building and our towels. The shifts for this position will be Monday-Wednesday from 3p-7pm for a total of 12 hours
THE YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At our 14 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200 program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three overarching goals drive our work: youth development, healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose values align with our organization: Respect, Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
Responsible for the collection, laundering and distribution of towels for the laundry service.
1. Launders, folds and distributes towels to all wellness activity areas, locker rooms and pool deck.
2. Collects all dirty towels from wellness activity areas, locker rooms and pool deck.
3. Performs hourly locker room sweeps to monitor member conduct and assess the area.
4. Reports any Code of Conduct violations to the Building Supervisor or other supervising staff.
5. Keeps written record of sweeps, towel usage and inventory on the provided log sheet.
6. Monitors laundry chemicals and communicates the need to reorder in a timely manner.
7. Checks the vent daily, utilizing the provided safety equipment. Cleans vent as needed.
8. Assists with other duties as assigned.
9. Requests additional assistance as needed.
Strengthens the Y’s culture by demonstrating the values of the Y - honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility - in every aspect of work.
Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Develop Self and Others
Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development.
Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and members), philanthropy, finance and volunteerism.
Facilitates change, seeks opportunities in the change process, models adaptability, and leads transition in support of the Y’s mission.
Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently demonstrating a high level of emotional maturity, maintaining a positive attitude and building strong relationships.
We provide competitive pay and an excellent benefit package includes health, dental, life and disability insurance; 12% retirement fund contribution when eligible.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.