Who are we?
Accelerator YMCA Branch of the Greater Seattle YMCA is the holistic solution for young people who have experienced trauma. Accelerator Y has everything young people need to thrive. Young people have access to housing, employment & educational support, behavioral health services and family services all in one place.
HOUSING: Accelerator Y is the largest provider of housing for young people in King County. We offer housing solutions and support to young people who are aging out of foster care and/or are experiencing housing instability and address homelessness at all stages - from prevention to maintenance.
FAMILY SUPPORT & BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accelerator Y helps young people and their families improve their well-being in body, mind, and spirit. As a supportive team, we build solutions that make families stronger and young people more resilient. Accelerator Y is well positioned to treat children, youth, and families from all backgrounds.
PERMANENCY & FOSTER CARE: All children deserve a safe and stable place to live. Whether they remain in their home, are reunited with their families, or live with families other than their birth families, long-term stability has major positive outcomes for youth. Accelerator Y has been a licensed foster care agency for over 30 years.
EDUCATION & EMPLOYMENT: A diploma and a job are critical components that help young people successfully transition into independent adulthood. Accelerator Y provides wrap-around services including job readiness training and educational skill building to help young people achieve their goals for college, career, and life.
VIOLENCE PREVENTION: Accelerator Y identifies the causes of violence in young people’s lives, and provides a network of community supports to eliminate risk factors and improve outcomes. Outreach Workers build meaningful relationships with youth involved in gangs, violence, and the juvenile justice system to empower them to stay Alive & Free.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We strive to achieve equal access, identify and resolve inequities and remove institutional barriers that limit the ability of all people to develop their full potential. The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to ensuring equity and justice.
Where you’ll work…
The Accelerator Y provides services to youth, young adults, and families in their homes and community throughout King County, South Snohomish County, and North Pierce County.
You will successfully recruit a highly diverse, qualified, and engaged community of foster parents and caregivers. The YMCA Community of Fostering program recruits, licenses, and supports foster families who are committed to providing foster youth with the highest quality care to accelerate their emotional, physical, and academic progress and stability while ensuring that no youth exits foster care without legal and relational permanence.
• Seek out and secure opportunities to deliver info sessions and presentations to interested groups and organizations.
• Identify community events to attend with the goal of promoting the YMCA Community of Fostering program.
• Meaningfully outreach to the larger YMCA membership to increase awareness and engagement in the YMCA’s Community of Fostering program.
• Direct outreach to diverse communities with the intent of recruiting prospective foster parents from various cultural backgrounds.
• Build relationships and collaborate with key community partners.
• Identify additional recruitment strategies and opportunities.
• Ensure prospective YMCA foster parents understand, support, and embrace the organization’s values.
• Collaborate with YMCA marketing team to develop compelling materials and execute on the recruitment vision, strategies, and tools.
• Achieve quarterly and annual recruitment goals set by program leadership.
• Respond to and track foster parent licensing inquiries.
• Participate in initial screening, including home visits as needed to verify eligibility.
You should have:
PREFERRED POSITION ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.