- Current state approved first aid certification.
- Current state approved CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Two years or more of college education in a related field or equivalent preferred.
- One or more years of related experience preferred.
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles certification*
- Listen First Level I* and II** training
- Building Community in Small Groups training***
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Working knowledge of preventative health and fitness programs and philosophy
- Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
11. Must attend and receive passing grade in YMCA of the USA training courses related to program delivery (i.e. Healthy Lifestyles Principles, Foundations of Group Exercise, and specialty course.
* Within 30 days of employment or first available training.
** Within 90 days of employment or first available training.
***Within 18-24 months of employment.
Competencies for success at the Y:
- Values - Strengthens the Y's culture by demonstrating the values of the Y - honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility - in every aspect of work.
- Inclusion - Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Develop Self and Others - Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development.
- Quality Results - Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and members), philanthropy, finance and volunteerism.
- Change Capacity - Facilitates change, seeks opportunities in the change process, models adaptability, and leads transition in support of the Y's mission.
- Inspire Others - Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently demonstrating a high level of emotional maturity, maintaining a positive attitude and building strong relationships.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent benefit package includes YMCA membership, health, dental, life and disability insurance; tuition assistance; 12% retirement contribution, as eligible.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace.