Current state approved first aid certification preferred.*
Current state approved CPR certification preferred.*
Up-to-date knowledge of YMCA guidelines designated for the league.
Experience in refereeing preferred.
Knowledge of safety issues related to sport and facility.
Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
Prefer knowledge of, and pervious experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
* May be required as determined by branch.
Competencies for success at the Y:
- Values - Strengthens the Y's culture by demonstrating the values of the Y - honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility - in every aspect of work.
- Inclusion - Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Develop Self and Others - Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development.
- Quality Results - Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and members), philanthropy, finance and volunteerism.
- Change Capacity - Facilitates change, seeks opportunities in the change process, models adaptability, and leads transition in support of the Y's mission.
- Inspire Others - Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently demonstrating a high level of emotional maturity, maintaining a positive attitude and building strong relationships.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent benefit package includes YMCA membership, health, dental, life and disability insurance; tuition assistance; 12% retirement contribution, as eligible.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace.
Note: Minimum wage outside the city of Seattle:
- Under 21 years = $9.47/hour
- Over 21 years = $11.00/hour