Three years or more of related experience in general maintenance work.
Substantial experience in carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, general building systems and related areas as necessary.
May require knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
Ability to use equipment and chemicals in prescribed manner, including ability to read labels, MSDS information sheets, and instructions.
Basic ability to read blueprints and schematics.
Ability to identify and resolve potential safety and security problems.
Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
Competencies for success at the Y:
- Values - Strengthens the Y's culture by demonstrating the values of the Y - honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility - in every aspect of work.
- Inclusion - Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Develop Self and Others - Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development.
- Quality Results - Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and members), philanthropy, finance and volunteerism.
- Change Capacity - Facilitates change, seeks opportunities in the change process, models adaptability, and leads transition in support of the Y's mission.
- Inspire Others - Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently demonstrating a high level of emotional maturity, maintaining a positive attitude and building strong relationships.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent benefit package includes YMCA membership, health, dental, life and disability insurance; tuition assistance; 12% retirement contribution, as eligible.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace.