OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
Manages the housekeeping and related maintenance operations for facilities and furnishings for a Seattle YMCA residential camp. Maintains and repairs furnishings and equipment, including developing and implementing preventative maintenance plans and related budgets. Supervises staff assigned to housekeeping. Supervised by the Senior Program Director and perform other duties as assigned.
Must be 21 years or older to apply. For this position we are looking for someone who will drive a YMCA provided mini bus to transport campers.
*This means you must have held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years and must have a clean driving record (no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years, no DUI/DWI, and no tickets 20+ miles above the speed limit).
To learn more about working with Camp & Outdoor Leadership at the Y, please visit us online at www.campingandoutdoorleadership.org
What you'll get from working at The Y
• Membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle
• Free access to mental health resources
• Benefits package including health insurance, dental, and retirement plan.
• Rapidly accruing paid time off (PTO)
• Be a part of a positive, growth-oriented community of fun co-workers
• Opportunity for adventure every day.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
1. Provides overall coordination and implementation of housekeeping, including planning and developing
preventative programs and annual improvement plans for assigned facilities. Provides support to all
2. Provides direct supervision for the housekeeping, laundry, and custodial program. Hires, trains and
3. Performs appropriate custodial duties to maintain overall facility cleanliness.
4. Drives camp vehicles including mini-buses and school buses.
5. Advises directors on maintenance and custodial issues and projects as requested.
6. Oversees the work of contracted facility professionals as needed.
7. Assists in developing the facility budget to support preventative and annual maintenance plans, and
monitors expenditures against budget.
8. Promptly reports any program-related concerns to the appropriate staff member.
9. Submits timely reports as required.
10. Assists with the annual fundraising campaign as assigned.
11. Assists with the function of the main office, including picking up mail and answering phones/voicemail.
12. Updates the housekeeping and furnishing plans periodically.
13. Assists facilities department with business needs.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
This job operates at a seasonal residential camp, both inside and outdoors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift store or
janitorial products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, year round position. The usual camp workweek is five days on and two days off, including
training, staff meetings, and regular duties. This position is required to work some weekend days, and
evenings, as needed.
• 21 years of age or older.
• Current state approved first aid certification*
• Current state approved CPR certification*
*CPR and FA training will be provided within first 30 days of employment
• Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License and operate a school bus within 1 calendar year of
• 2+ years cleaning/customer service experience and staff supervision
• Familiarity with computers, including the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work as a team with other members of the leadership team.
• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS IF THE POSITION REQUIRES DRIVING
• Minimum 21 years old
• Current Driver’s License with a minimum of 3 years safe driving experience and a driving record which
meets or exceeds YMCA standards.
• Maximum of one minor violation.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with budget management
• Knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
activity, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
• Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge,
abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
• Experience with anti-racism practices and coalition building.
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
• Those seeking experience in leading others.
• Those who truly enjoy being of service to others.
• Those with a passion for nature and hoping to be a better steward.
• Interest in developing social-emotional skills in self and others.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
• Passion for Excellence
YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
All job offers are contingent on the results of a background check. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.
Housekeeping, preventative, developing, custodial, CPR,