OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
Resident Camp Dishwashers assists the Food Service Director in all camp food services for camp staff and guests. Our kitchen staff take part in trainings with other members of the program teams and will get training in their department and their specific kitchen position. They’ll work alongside the full-time kitchen team to help with food prep, dishwashing and maintaining overall cleanliness of the kitchen. This is a crucial role in providing delicious and healthy camp meals in a highly organized manner. All members of the kitchen team will be supervised by the Food Services Director and perform other duties as assigned.
To learn more about working with Camp & Outdoor Leadership at the Y, please visit us online at www.campingandoutdoorleadership.org
What you'll get from working at The Y
• Membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle for you and your household
• Retirement with generous employer contributions
• Free access to mental health resources
• Rapidly-accruing paid time off (PTO) available immediately upon hire
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
1. Assists Food Service Director as needed.
2. Follows all Food and Safety Regulations.
3. Washes dishes.
4. Cleans pots and pans.
5. Performs general cleaning of kitchen and lodge.
6. Completes daily preparation as assigned.
7. Attends kitchen staff meetings.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a commercial kitchen at a seasonal residential camp.
This position does not require travel. All travel required for work will be done by YMCA Authorized Drivers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift store or janitorial products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time, shift position. Shifts vary depending on group needs. Working nights and weekend shifts may be required.
All travel required for work will be done by YMCA Authorized Drivers.
1. 16 years of age or older
2. Current Washington State Food Handlers Card.*
3. Ability to lift 50lbs
4. Six months or more related experience or training preferred.
5. Ability to understand and communicate basic directions verbally in English
* At hire or at earliest possible training
If applicable, "Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered."
• Current state approved first aid certification.*
• Current state approved CPR certification.*
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.).
• Ability to speak any language in addition to English.
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.
YMCA of Greater Seattle's Core Values
• Passion for Excellence
YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
All job offers are contingent on the results of a background check. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.