Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
The Y is seeking qualified and dedicated individual for host home recruitment and retention. This job will be responsible for a marketing strategy for hosting over 25 youth and young adults throughout King County. This position will be connecting with community resources and presenting about the program
This position is at the Social Impact Center Y, the social services branch of YMCA of Greater Seattle (YGS). The mission of the Social Impact Center Y is to accelerate young people’s ability to build safe, successful, and happy lives. Every year, we serve 5,000 children, youth, young adults, and families across King County with programs that aim to strengthen young people’s ability to develop to their fullest potential through four strategies: reducing risk factors; navigating systems towards successful life transition; ensuring stability, safety and wellness in times of crisis; and building competencies and social capital. The Social Impact Center Y’s programs include housing, behavioral health, foster care licensing, violence prevention, education, and employment. Many of the young people we serve have had involvement in the foster care, criminal justice system, and/or homelessness systems.
This position will full-time, Monday through Friday, day-shift, with occasional evenings and weekends. The position requires in person office flexibility within a hybrid work model. Generally the position requires you to work on-site 1-2 days a week.
What you'll get from working at The Y
*Some benefits only available to full-time staff
Minimum compensation for this role is $22.50/hour
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
What you'll be doing
• Recruits host home volunteers through diverse advertising and community networking. Ensures prospective host meet YMCA desire to provide inclusive, professional, collegial and effective programming.
• Creates, revises and distributes marketing materials for diverse host home recruitment.
• Met with prospective host and share the vision and mission of the program.
• Leads initial orientation of new hosts during the beginning screening.
• Monitors current homes and ensures that program requirements are in compliance. Participate in home visits to ensure the home meets program eligibility.
• Addresses areas of concern with hosts and staff using a solution-focused approach to ensure cohesive, effective teaming
• Participate in tabling community events and open house presentations throughout King County.
• May require evening and weekend responsibilities
• Develop a host home volunteer retention plan
• Maintains knowledge of YMCA programs, policies, needs, and youth population served.
• Participates in the YMCA Annual Campaign, raising money to help fund programs for youth and families in need.
• Work in collaboration with volunteer manager to ensure all program requirements are met and promptness in responses to hosts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Who are you?
If you're the right candidate for the job, you are passionate about serving the needs of the community and the needs of young adults and volunteers. You pride yourself in your ability to build strong relationships and are flexible in your communication style
You should have:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or social work or 4 years of relevant full-time experience serving youth and young adults may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to work in a team management approach.
• Current state approved CPR, first aid certifications required within 30 days of hire.
• Ability to visit current and prospective host homes. (Proof of valid driver’s license and adequate vehicle insurance required.)
PREFERRED POSITION ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
• Two or more years’ experience in marketing and/or community outreach preferred.
• Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y if you:
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and (on applicable jobs) drug screening, including screening for marijuana. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.
If you need assistance of any kind with the application process, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Support , funding, financing, labor resources,
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.