Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
The Admin III Records/Billing Specialist provides overall coordination and support for behavioral health and substance use disorder programs while supporting the daily administrative functions for a YMCA branch site. This position works primarily out of our Auburn office and supports the daily operations of clinical staff throughout the Y’s 14 branches. The Admin III Records/Billing Specialist often serves as a first point of contact for anyone engaging with the behavioral health and chemical dependency programs. This position is responsible for the maintenance, storage and processing of all medical records and EHR data. This involves performing a variety of clerical and technical duties associated with the management and oversight of a program's medical records including, but not limited to: assembling, analysis, release of information, data processing, collection, reconciliation and preparation of reports in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of a mental health care system. The Admin III Records/Billing Specialist must be highly skilled at multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizing, while being excited to interact with clients, staff and visitors.
This position is at the Social Impact Center Y, the social services branch of YMCA of Greater Seattle (YGS). The mission of the Social Impact Center Y is to accelerate young people’s ability to build safe, successful, and happy lives. Every year, we serve 5,000 children, youth, young adults, and families across King County with programs that aim to strengthen young people’s ability to develop to their fullest potential through four strategies: reducing risk factors; navigating systems towards successful life transition; ensuring stability, safety and wellness in times of crisis; and building competencies and social capital. The Social Impact Center Y’s programs include housing, behavioral health, foster care licensing, violence prevention, education, and employment. Many of the young people we serve have had involvement in the foster care, criminal justice system, and/or homelessness systems.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, day-shift. The position requires in person office flexibility within a hybrid work model. Generally the position requires you to be in the office 3 days a week.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all employees. The YMCA of Greater Seattle has implemented safety standards and protocols related to preventative health measures based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
1. Demonstrates flexibility and accessibility within a hybrid work model and communicates effectively and timely with a team that works remotely and supports programs and participants throughout King County.
2. Responsible for overall administrative and client support for behavioral health and chemical dependency teams, including greeting and scheduling clients, handling incoming phone calls, records requests, referrals, and paperwork.
3. Verify insurance eligibility, medicaid processes, facilitates billing, and communicates benefit information to clients.
4. Collecting service fees, track payments, and monitor accounts for delinquent charges.
5. Track and manage provider NPI numbers and credentialing.
6. Maintains client and personnel records in accordance with regulatory and contract requirements. Updates and generates reports to notify clinical staff when reviews and renewals are due. Responds to requests for information from clinical staff, government offices, and others.
7. Develops and maintains effective, professional relationships with all clients, families, and staff.
8. Provide overall administrative support to programs and department staff and stay current with program changes.
9. Compiles and prepares data/reports on a daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. Identifies and documents trends to bring forward to leadership.
10. Assists with audit preparation.
11. Maintain relational databases, process paperwork, and maintain related directories and files.
12. May train, coordinate, and/or schedule staff and/or volunteers.
13. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of HIPAA privacy guidelines as well as maintaining and protecting all confidential information
Other applicable education, training, and experience, which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position will be considered.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of an approved Health Information/Medical Record Certificate Program
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
“YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and (on applicable jobs) drug screening, including screening for marijuana. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system.
record-keeping, accounting/bookkeeping, cash reports,
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.